In Language, today, we were introduced the modal verbs. We had to look for sentences that showed an example of them and in what way it was used, in our new novel, ‘Boy’ by Roald Dahl.
1. My father would have been one hundred and twenty- one. (ASSUMPTION)
2. We will soon put this back into place! (PROMISES)
3. The pain must have been excruciating. (ASSUMPTION)
4. I have not seen the chateau in the country. (FACT)
5. The furniture alone should be in a museum.
6. His 2 small children ought to have a stepmother.
7. You might think a question like this would be a baffling… (ASSUMPTION)
8. I can tell you all sorts of things. (FACT)
9. I cannot even remember what my classroom looked like. (FACT)